Thursday 22 August 2013

A Night Under The Stars With Audrey Hepburn

Toronto is and probably always will be one of my favourite cities, and as a new resident, I am already jumping on as many opportunities as I can to explore and take part in Toronto's culture and events. One of my favourite things already about Toronto is the ability to take part in the many events the Toronto International Film Festival Group and TIFF Bell Lightbox has to offer. TIFF and the Toronto Entertainment District BIA have been hosting special free, I repeat free, screenings of Romance Classics every wednesday night at David Pecaut Square running from July through August.
The theme of this ongoing summer event is "A Summer of Romance" with classics like Sleepless in Seattle, Clueless, City Lights, and Sense and Sensibility on the list. Last night was the screening of the 1953 classic Roman Holiday that won Audrey Hepburn an Academy Award and launched her career. And I mean, who wouldn't want to spend a night with Audrey under the stars? Here are some photos of the event.
David Pecaut Square, west of Roy Thomson Hall



 So bring your blankets and pull out chairs because next week, the Nicholas Sparks classic The Notebook will be concluding this summer event! Check out tiff's website for more details.

Stay tuned for my TIFF experience starting in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment